• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another 802A thread...but finally it's "my" 802

Jeepadict

Also got a new-used toy in the mail this past week...a Fluke AC/DC current clamp. It goes fashionably well with my Fluke 87V meter. I was able to measure the hot legs at the lugs to verify all the gauge readings are on par when running the 5000W shop heater as a load bank. (Sorry I didn't get a pic, it started raining just as I got all the readings) The unit gave the following readings on the Fluke:

I - 45 PRC - 12.5A @ 240V = 3000W

II - 62 PRC - 16.6A @ 240V = 3984W

III - 77 PRC - 20.8A @ 240V = 4992W

80 PRC = green
100 PRC = red

The next evolution will be to incorporate some more space heaters to the spider box with my Killawatt meter to verify their loads. I'm interested to see what load this set will take for the meter to read 100%...tho I've heard many times it can go over 100 for surge or max demand but has been said for not very long.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...tho I've heard many times it can go over 100 for surge or max demand but has been said for not very long.
The specifications for operation of the overload in the set are as follows:

0% to 110% Load on any leg of the generator will Not trip an overload
130% Load on any leg of the generator will trip an overload in 8 +/-2 minutes

The overload detector operates on an inverse time principal. This means if you had say a 120% load it may not trip for say 16 minutes.
The greater the overload above 110% the faster it will trip an overload.

Jeepadict

The specifications for operation of the overload in the set are as follows:

0% to 110% Load on any leg of the generator will Not trip an overload
130% Load on any leg of the generator will trip an overload in 8 +/-2 minutes

The overload detector operates on an inverse time principal. This means if you had say a 120% load it may not trip for say 16 minutes.
The greater the overload above 110% the faster it will trip an overload.
You're a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you!

Jeepadict

I have a rear bumper from a CUCV that will get installed on my plow truck (78 K25) next month when I'm on vacay (since a Squarebody is a Squarebody) then the 802/116 combo can travel behind it with a very respectable fuel quantity which should give approx 8.4 days continous run time at rated load.
It's been a while since I've done much of anything as we've relocated to Central NV for new jobs. I figured adding the pic I took just before we moved from AZ would be a fun add. In the pic I finally got all the fuel can mounts reinstalled and the cable reels bolted down. The rear chest is still just strapped to the deck.

I have some red/amber 3/4" gromet LEDs for some corner marker lights installed now (not pictured), still need to get them wired in.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks