• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another KDS single blink error code

rcamacho

I’ve been having increasingly hard starting while cold. Recently replaced all glow plugs with Wellman improved model and that helped greatly.

Of course, running HMMWV today in the snowy weather I now have a single blink error code but the truck starts and the plugs cycle.

After two more warm starts the normal wait sequence is back to normal. Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my understanding on the green label is that is does not use the glow plug controller temperature switch on the water cross over tube, so that would not be your issue but not sure on what is acting up on yours?

rcamacho

It appears to be working. I understand the green label KDS box has a timer and will not re-warm plugs after the initial shot until the timer expires

rcamacho

Additionsl info, following troubleshooting TM the box and glow plugs are working. The cold advance thermostatic switch is faulty. I’ve ordered a replacement so the cold advance IP solenoid can function.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks