• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another m135 towing question

davesgmc

need to move an m135 about 25 miles or so. flat tow it with a tow bar as soon as i get the balancer on the m35 replaced. Can i just take the drive shaft out from between the trans/transmission instead of puling all the other shafts? o is it harder to get at?

also saw that the front tow bar brackets are smaller? not one inch?

M37keppy

Yeah you can do that to isolate the transmission but would still be turning some part of the transfer and sometimes that ujoint assembly can be a pisser to get out. The front shackles pins are 7/8” if I remember correctly. I use tractor drawbar pins for them, they are hardened, you can get any size, and they have a hole for a safety pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks