• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new deuce owner!

phil2968

Went with my brother to pick up his deuce! I drove my M109 for support. Put about 180 miles on it today. He got a nice m35 with winch, airshift transfer and a d-turbo. It has the tall canvas top and good troop seats.

I think we need to change fuel filters and maybe turn up the fuel a little bit. my m109 walks off a leaves him on the highway. Overall seems to be a sound truck.

My M109 started spitting oil out of the TC vent, lubed the outside of the rear axles really well!

Some pics of the trip up, and at Tim's house. Pics of the trip home and a stop for lunch. A pic of the new owner, my brother, and his new ride. And yes he's already been reading the TM's! He's familer with big trucks, drives engine 31 for the City of Lakeland Fire dept.

He is also a new member of SS!
I tried to warn him what would happen if he drove my M109! I tried to warn him!

He also won two M105 trailers from GL in La, still waiting on euc approval.

We will be attending the 2010 Florida rally since it's right in our backyard.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil,

Congrats on the smooth recovery. Are we gonna see him and his truck in GA later this year???

phil2968

I hope he makes it. I need someone to convoy with! We will also be looking for a towbar to purchase somtime in the near future. I want him to go to the Ga rally so I can drive his truck on the trails and leave mine at camp!

lavarok

Nice looking trucks! I see the M35A2 has spin on oil filters, I am presuming this wasn't a GL purchase? It is always nice to hear about safe and successful recoveries!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's a great truck Winch, spin on's, air shift, etc.

Congrats to your brother! Looking forward to seeing you guys in October!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Phil. Clinto, when are you going to make the trip down here to the southern rally?

rbeasley66

Yep, I'm hooked all right! And it only took one drive :driver: in Phill's M109 to get me that way too! Thanks for all the praise on my new ride I got from Tim! I'll be at the FL Rally this weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there and some warmer weather too. I'll be back at the firehouse Wednesday, I'll check the October vacations then and put in for some time off so I can be at the GA Rally as well. Maybe I'll have my M105 trailers by then lol.
Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks