• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New Guy SE Michigan

ttfiveohranger

New member to the site. I have browsed threads for quite a while. I tend to do more reading than posting. I am currently stuck in the city and have not picked up 2.5 or 5 ton truck yet. I may pick up one of the smaller MVs to drive prior to getting more land. I am looking for a bit of land and a pole barn or shed with some cement as close to 48092 as possible. I am looking to put a M35A2 3053A overdrive transmission, DT360~1000ft lbs tq, divorced NP205, in my 1 ton snow/tow/mud truck. A have friends that owned a few different MW and they have always interested me. I'm am looking for the space to own one soon!

Any leads on a cheap transmission, SAE 2-3 ring that comes on the multifuel trucks, clutch/flywheel assembly, linkages, stubby drive shaft, running 93-94 DT360, etc for a good price that pan out will be rewarded with cash! Looking for stuff locally as the freight usually kills the price.

I may post pictures of my twin turbo v8 awd ranger project or my 1 ton 4x4 king pin dana 60's, 10.25 rear, 351w-Auto(soon to be diesel/manual I hope), etc. Only if people are interested as neither are MVs. :beer:

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Welcome! I'm new here myself and live in town as well. Luckily I have no convenants in my neighborhood, so no one can say a single thing about my bobber parked in front of my house :-D. I get asked "what are you going to do with .... THAT?" all the time... I just say... "More importantly, what am I NOT going to do with it?"

ttfiveohranger

nice I would enjoy parking something huge in front of my house, but some of my neighbors are pretty cool and they couldn't make it down the narrow street :wink:

centurion

im a neewbie as well from chicago

Dear all,

I recently bought a cucv m1009 and have had a problem recently after bringing it home. The vehicle shut off on me twice after warming it up for one hour each time. I thought maybe it ran out of fuel. I put fuel in it and after warming up for an hour and then shifting gears to drive the vehicle shut off on me several times. Is this a fuel issue such as the pump or filter or something else? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

centurion

Its not a power issue I think because all of the lights are still working when the vehicle shuts off. It just seems that something is shutting off the fuel to the engine.

ttfiveohranger

My newbie introduction is probably not the best place to ask this.... But I have some advice for general diesel stuff since you asked here...

I am not an expert on that exact engine. If you ask in the proper area someone with a lot of experience with GM diesel may know your exact problem.

I would change filters, oil water separator, drain the fuel, add water remover... This is a good idea as you don't know the vehicles history. Basic maintenance stuff is good to do anyway.

If it just randomly completely shuts off.. does it stumble? hard to restart? Does it have a manual fuel cut off or solenoid? I've seen faulty ignition switches do weird stuff. If electrical fuel shut off solenoid you can disconnect it and tape it off. I would then wire a push button switch and power to manually shut off the fuel... Becareful you are ok with it just running a while. This should rule out the wiring and ignition circuit..

Some vehicles had turn off the power if the oil level or pressure is low. I would change the oil if the engine was running well. These sensors can go bad. I doubt the GM 6.2 has one, but who knows? Not me...

I hope your pump isn't about to go out. That is the most expensive thing I can think of if it is running well the rest of the time.

Did something build a nest in your intake tube and plug the air filter....

If it is your pump I suggest you have the injectors tested and cleaned while your at it..

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi on engine cut off here is one way to check inj pump fuel shut off get light & wire hook up tp the pink wire at inj pump use push pull spade auto parts have them wire an extra line to it & ground the light make wires long enought to bring light inside cab if or when the light goes out & the engine quits it is wireing problem if the light stay on engine quits it is fuel switch sel. :arrow: or after this happen will it start back up right away need to know.

ttfiveohranger

Ah did I say that backwards? You need to run power constantly to the fuel shut off solenoid to stay running maybe.. :) Get a good relay and a switch wired in.. have a manual fuel on / off switch..

centurion

The vehicle will restart if I crank it enough three or four times in a row. It will keep running as long as I keep my foot on the gas and give it gas while holding the brake slightly, then shut off again. If I let it rest and cool down the vehicle will run for a while until it heats up and then starts to shut off either while I'm in drive or shifting from park to drive.

centurion

Actually it will start up right away right after shutting off. And it will start up three or four times in a row after I let it rest for five minutes each time.