• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Noob in Ohio Picks Up a M1009

vkirchner

Just a quick note to let you know that I have been a member for a while, drooling over everyone's vehicle pictures. I finally got my first vehicle over the weekend. My Wife and I drover over to Chicago to pick up an M1009 with 73K miles on it. I've included a few pictures, none of which I am in because I am too green with happiness taking the photo's.

The trip home was really uneventful, the only problems are the simple things that did not work or have been broken on the K5 such as the rear view mirror which I propped up against the sun visor, the drivers vent window which was hanging by the top hinge when I tried to open it, and the drivers door which sagged. But as you can tell I still have a high from driving it home, the Wife laughed because she said you couldn't wipe the grin off of my face as we stopped to check all of the fluids on the trip home.

Attachments

SGT LongT

WOW you could eat off that engine it is so clean[thumbzup] Like you I have been looking on this site for a while and finally picked up my m1009 from a fellow member. Have fun making the vehicle your own. My brother said the same thing about me smiling :D the entire trip home :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yenko stinger, thats quite funny but I really expected stroked out 502. Welcome aboard Sir.

vkirchner

Yea, I thought the stripe was a little retro also, my Wife does not like camo so she thought this vehicle was , "Pretty". The stripe will go when we repaint the body and put all new window rubber in it. :D

vkirchner

I'll try the desert camo and see what she says, she wants a solid forest green. I told her she gets to pick the color as soon as I get to paint her white minivan something new that I pick. LOL!

I hope that the mechanicals are that good also, first the starter relay and then the fluids will get changed. I will know more over the next few weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks