• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Primary Fuel filter nightmare.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, many thanks to HendersonJ! He really went the extra miles for me!
On board was a Vietnam Veteran who was also a trucker in civilian life. He figured out what was wrong in under 2.5 seconds.
Anyway, halfway through the parade route the War Wagon died. Got it started and then it died again. Got it started and the engine began to literally scream! No clue what was going on. Finally reached the finish line and died again.
Hendersonj and I tried to figure out what was going on, no luck. Only solutions was to make a go of it home or call a wrecker. Wreckers are expensive, too expensive for me. Drove it home. Had to restart it several times. Sometimes it screamed, other times it didn’t. Got home and started doing some troubleshooting. Opened the petcock on the primary filter and nothing came out. Not good! Pulled the filter bowl and OMG was it a mess. Filter seems to have crystallized!
Got a new filter from Hendersonj and I’m on my way to swap it out.
Wish me luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks