• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another shock absorber thread

zr2yz125

I have an M1123 truck with MAK removed. It has a soft top and soft doors on it - truck is used as an off road toy. Since I've gotten it, I've removed the MAK springs and replaced them with softer ones all around, but the shock absorbers are still beating the piss out of us off road. I've been looking at the Cepek shocks (I have read all the posts here), but that is a tough pill to swallow, especially as I don't need adjustable - just lower dampening rate.

While looking around at other options, I see the M998 shock has a different NSN vs the M1123MAK shock. Has anyone tried running the 998 shocks off-road?

I see that Monroe also has some discontinued shocks, has anyone run those?

I know the Cepek shocks are THE shock to use, but I'm looking at all options before dishing out $1500.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks