• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Temp Question

spicergear

After seeing the cold natured diesel post about the CUCV one gent owns, I wanted to ask what generally are the temps being seen with the deuce and a half trucks. Like what are standard low effort operating temps, loaded or hill climbing temps, etc.

My 1160 CAT with a stock recored and banded deuce radiator doesn't go above 165*. I took it out for a 20 mile drive last week with it's 18,000# heft and all kinds of hills around here and that was all the heat it built.

My1160 is 225hp NA which is the highest HP put to a 3208 or 1160 non turbo...so it's got the fuel put to it. Runs super clean and hardly even pushes any colored smoke out when fully leaned on.

FormerNewMVGuy

Hey spicer!
My deuce runs at 180 all the time! Pulling long hills with some weight on it will creep up to 185 maybe 190, but almost always stays at 180!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I changed all ALL the cooling/heater hoses (yes, even the 2 little PITA ones that come off the heads) I removed the radiator and had it boiled out.. It hasnt gone over 190 when I was pushing it up a long grade since then... The multifuels are well known for running cold...

OD_Coyote

My deuce rarely runs higher than 180 deg on 70+ days and I have to put the winter front on when it drops below 50 to get her run at 180 deg.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks