• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another thing you can do with an M816

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lucky for you Richard, the new kid has the M62 for doing powerpack changes. Are you guys gonna groundhop the new 250 before install?

CGarbee

Another good photo to file away in case somebody asks "why do you want to buy/own/drive one of those..." or to use to convince someone that you really "need" one for the collection. :)

I'm still on the hunt for one for my motorpool...

madsam

Well, me and my wife could have pushed that around, but it made it real easy to lift and install without hurting anyone's back.

madsam

New thing to do with my 816. I picked up a truck at Fort Carson and Drove to Cripple Creek. It took for everrrr.... I was driving at 10MPH up the hill. 5 in a steep part.

Attachments

madsam

One last note on this. I will not move any more trucks up this mountain until I get my turbo on it. What a pain. One hill I was down to 5mph. The engine seems to have no low end torque at 10,000 feet. At 7,000 it is ok. At sea level it ran like a banchee in Baton Rouge. I don't need a 400hp, I just want my 250hp back... I think it about 100 to 130hp at this altitude.

It got a little warm, but not bad.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MADSAM: You probably already know this, but the whiffle tree should attach to the front lifting shackles and the towbar attaches to the front axle with the chain clamps. Looks like fun, though!