• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another thread on the pickup of M105 trailers

chevycrew

Well it went great, GL at Hill was easy to work with, and loaded the trailers for me with a large fork truck.

One is a 1987, one is a '67. I bought two thinking i could use parts to build one really nice one....

Well the parts arent needed, for either, they are in great shape.

So If anyone in Idaho is needing a trailer, pm me, ill get you the details.

But, here the the story on the trip.

We left Boise on tuesday around 9pm. Pulled into Burley, Id (near twin falls) to spend the night and drop off presents. at around 11pm. Then the next morning, after breakfast with family, continued on with the trip to Hill AFB in Ogden UT. The drive down was simple other than thick heavy fog on the passes. Arrived into Salt Lake about 10am, needing to drop off some 16.00r20's to a guy at an off-road shop. After dealing with traffic, dropping off the tires, and getting back up to Hill, its now 1pm with my appointment from 12:30 till 2:30 pm. So a long wait at the gate getting everyone searched, and get ushered on through. Find DRMO, get the trailers loaded, tie them down, pull the racks and bows for the road trip, and head out to the freeway. Well my roomate needed an engine picked up in Ogden, so we are off to pick that up. Finish with the engine, dropped the trailer and headed back down to salt lake for a job interview. Now im back in salt lake, its 5pm and I have to work in Boise at 8am the next morning. Still possible with only a 5 hour drive. The interview took about 2 hours and Im looking at the clock rolling out of SLC at 7pm. Now the need for food, fuel, and the trailers, before hitting the highway for the last time.

So 8pm leave Ogden with the trailers in tow, (16,520lbs total) and head back to Burley to pick up presents for delivery to Boise. (Didnt want to haul the presents onto base due to the vehicle searches). Pick up presents and head for home, its now about 10:30pm and Im not looking forward to work in the morning. So the quick little 2 hour drive didnt turn out as expected, Mother nature added a nice Idaho twist. Heavy snowfall, near whiteout conditions. Its not very enjoyable going down I84 at 30mph just being able to see enough to keep it between the bushes. After getting home at 2am...

I just had to thank my co-pilot....My WIFE...Since it was our 2 year anniversary...

Some of the things she puts up with, I dont know why she does, but I love her for it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks