• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another weird dash noise

Milbikes

Recently when starting my M1008, it starts fine, but about 20 or 30 seconds after it starts, and has been idling, I hear a momentary chattering noise in the dash. It seems to be near the steering column maybe? It lasts just for a second or so, and then stops. Any thoughts as to what it might be? Thanks for any tips.

This week my wife's Subaru lost a timing belt (Interference engine) and the 6.5 Suburban just quit. Sounds like "The Green Giant" is about to become my daily driver. I want to make sure it doesn't end up on the disabled list!

CUCV85

Recently when starting my M1008, it starts fine, but about 20 or 30 seconds after it starts, and has been idling, I hear a momentary chattering noise in the dash. It seems to be near the steering column maybe? It lasts just for a second or so, and then stops. Any thoughts as to what it might be? Thanks for any tips.

This week my wife's Subaru lost a timing belt (Interference engine) and the 6.5 Suburban just quit. Sounds like "The Green Giant" is about to become my daily driver. I want to make sure it doesn't end up on the disabled list!
chattering, hmmmm could it be the GPR? I think I remember reading something on here about "chattering" sound, dash ...
or was it the Starter Solenoid - RELAY under the dash CENTER by 2 smaller relays! AC40 part number, I could be wrong it might be the Glow Plug Relay.
s603 GPR advance auto parts 28.00 instead of 85 for the Napa st85.

markinnh

wow...chattering denotes on/off reps..maybe relay energise circuit going open?...loose connection? (hopefully not a short)...good luck keep us informed....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a W.A.G. here.....could it be the seatbelt buzzer? Is the noise tied to any other lights/sounds/actions?

You have the following relays is the dash:

volt meter relay - above STE/ICE plug
Gen2 realy - above STE/ICE plug
starter relay - above STE/ICE plug
seatbelt buzzer - Fusebox
Low Coolant Module - near fuse box
horn relay - above fuse box

And next to the steering column
glowplug relay - firewall

There are others but not close to the column.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks