• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another yellow nosed deuce is around now!

Hi altogether,

so finally another yellow nosed deuce drives around! Last thursday I finished the restoration the way it looks now on the pictures. Then we went to a magnificent field trip over the weekend :)
There's still a little to be done, like the inside of the bed, and the underside, and the electric (completing the VIC-1/radio installation) but I'd say I've got 90 % now. Well knowing that 100% can never be reached, thank god!

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks really nice.
The yellow is like the colored shoulder armor/epaulets on Star Wars sandtroopers.

What is the rope, wrapped around the bumper, in front of the winch, used for?
Is it just to keep the strap that holds tension on the winch cabble, from slipping or fraying?

BSH

That thing is IMMACULATE. I'm sure they never look that good while on active duty...

And how does someone get the time necessary to make a truck that great? Amazing work, congrats.

Thanks guys!
After the field trip it doesn't look so immaculate anymore ;-) But that's ok, dirty and used, that's they way they should look in my opinion.
I've seen an old 60ies picture somewhere of a shopvan w/w which had a rope wrapped around the front bumper, so I thought that looks neat and did the same.

It didn't take me that much time to get where it is now. I guess around 100 hours, including some technical work (new mbc / brake lines, sorting out electrical faults).

Ahh and, a very special word of thanks goes to Jeff aka vtdeucedriver , he gave me a lot of good information and inspiration on the right markings. And of course to the whole group, without that awesome pool of knowledge I probably never would have started that hobby anyhow, since I don't have (I should say didn't have :) ) any technical background on that matter at all (I'm an IT professional).

Cheers,
Mark

Srjeeper

Mark, your truck came out great :!: Hope mine looks nearly that good when it's all said and done.

Good job, wish you were closer so we could get an 8th convoy going.

Enjoy your ride. :D

vtdeucedriver

Srjeeper said:
Mark, your truck came out great :!: Hope mine looks nearly that good when it's all said and done.

Good job, wish you were closer so we could get an 8th convoy going.

Enjoy your ride. :D

There is gonna be one in AUG :driver:

vtdeucedriver

From Rogersville TN to Pigeon Forge TN for "The Gathering". I believe the list is like 5 Gun Trucks and my m151. I am sure as we get closer, that will change.

@ bigmillman:
> Makes my duece look like it is ready for the crusher

:-; hoo some sandpaper and a bucket of od24087 could take care of that! Thanks for the nice words!

Wish I could attend "The Gathering", but that's a mighty long swim over the pond...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks