• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna & Antenna Mount

aboonski

Tightening antenna mounts

I have four of those mounts on my M1008A1 and didn't torque any of them to a specific amount. The important thing about the mounting nuts is not to tighten them too much or they will start to turn round and round requiring vice grips to remove the bolts once this happens. I am sure there is a TM about the specs though; most of the TMs for the CUCV are right here on SS.

Rebelpride

RE: Tightening antenna mounts

I have an 8ft whip on my truck using the stock antenna mount, and I am beating the
crap out of it on trees. My other question is what is the proper way to bend the antenna
and how do I fasten it in place?

aboonski

Antenna Tie Downs

The photos show the antenna tie-downs that you can purchase on Ebay relatively cheap. The way I installed my hold-downs may not be suitable for everybody but it does work well for me. I don't have my antennas on the truck right now because my M1008 is my daily drive and the antennas do get in the way a majority of the time.

Attachments

msoumas

I hated the tie-down I had of that style on my M1009 antenna. It came loose on me and I ended up smacking the antenna off a bridge and breaking the plastic "cap" on the tip. I rigged up a steel cable to the rear bumper to replace it... but then snagged that on a tree and snapped the antenna in half. :oops:

msoumas

CCATLETT1984 said:
I plan on angling my antenna on the m1008 to the rear so it cant catch on stuff ;)
That's how mine was, and I still snagged and broke it. On the plus side, with the half-antenna I have left on there pulled down I have 8' of height, which means I can actually use some parking garages. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks