• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna Mount ?

allredsd

I'm looking for help mounting an antenna.

I've been given an MK-1303/V auxiliary receiver antenna kit (for use with AN/VRC-12, AN/VRC-47 with AN/VIC-1(V)) with installation instructions for a couple variants of the M60 tank. I THINK I understand it's just a passive RX antenna, but I'd love to use it for my CB (and maybe other HF) radio(s). I've got a great SGC tuner for the bottom of it.

I want to run it on my (non MV) truck, but I'm not quite sure what to look for in a mount.

The base is listed on the parts list as an AB-558/GR.

Thanks!
Scott

papakb

The AB-558 is used with mast sections MS-116, 117, and 118 and this base was typically mounted onto armored vehicles but it can also be mounted onto the standard "sugar scoop" bracket that's a part of the installation kits for most soft skin vehicles like jeeps and HMMWVs. It's the same mounting bracket that's used for the AS-1729 antenna and the MX-6707 base.

The AB-558 is a passive antenna but can be used with CB sets using all three antenna elements.

allredsd

The AB-558 is used with mast sections MS-116, 117, and 118 and this base was typically mounted onto armored vehicles but it can also be mounted onto the standard "sugar scoop" bracket that's a part of the installation kits for most soft skin vehicles like jeeps and HMMWVs. It's the same mounting bracket that's used for the AS-1729 antenna and the MX-6707 base.

The AB-558 is a passive antenna but can be used with CB sets using all three antenna elements.
Thanks so much for the info!
Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks