• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

antifreeze overflow problem

recon

I've finally got my Deuce! It's insured and passed NY inspection. However,after the first ride of 6 or 7 miles I parked it and shut it off and antifreeze started running out of the overflow tube. Maybe about a cup or so. Any suggestions on what the cause and cure can be? Also, the oil pressure gauge was reading normally and now is close to 60. If I rap it, it will go back to normal for a while. Ideas?
recon
dutchess county, ny

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too much coolant, pushing it out to find it's level? Radiator cap failed? Ground issue for the gauge.

devilman96

Run it up to temp a few more times (2-3) and see if it continues to do so... If so change the cap (see parts cross)... If it continues after that repost, ya might have some issues. Mostly ... WATCH your gauge until ya figure it out!!!

JDToumanian

My truck did the same thing when I got it, radiator cap was bad. I could see the crack in the rubber washer. I got my "new old stock" cap from Saturn Surplus and the problem was cured.

Regards,
Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks