• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antoher brake post

TommyG45

Hey guys,

I am pricing out a few items and thinking through doing the brakes on the Deuce.

I discovered by reading a bunch of posts on here that brake linings are available. Fastened via rivets...

It appears that some have actually replaced their linigs http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=17178&highlight=brake+lining

My question is cost. I looked at Saturn today and it looks like they want $29.50 per shoe. Did I read this correctly, or are they really charging per set?

If it's per shoe, and you do all shoes that equates to $354.00

The linings are $28.50 for four which equates to $85.50 for all.

Big question, is it $28.50/shoe, or per set of shoes?

Has anyone had any success stories doing the linings themself? with any experiences to share ?

I just thought it was strange to sell by the shoe... is it common to mix and match where perhaps you would only replace one shoe. I know from the TM each shoe is adjusted independantly or thats what it seemed like first pass through the TM. TM-9-2320-361-20 page 8-22

Any thoughts.

thanks

Tommy