• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any 5 ton Wrecker owners near Tucson?

Gunfreak25

I have posted this in the transportation needs section, but with no luck. I have contacted numerous shipping outfits, but with no luck. Here's the poop. In a couple weeks I hope to be the new owner of a M211 Deuce. The truck is located in Sahuarita which is close to Tucson. The owner said that the truck does indeed run, but the compressor for the brakes needs to be hooked up and the rear tires are not in the best condition. So I would not trust driving the truck back myself under it's own power.

Is there anybody in the Tucson area with a 5 ton who would be willing to tow bar this thing to Yuma for me? I will pay for your time and labor of course. I have been a member here awhile now and I am always impressed with how you guys take care of one another. The term "never leave a steel soldier behind" really comes to mind with you folks. If I cannot get this truck here, it is doomed to sit the rest of it's life in this guys scrap yard only be turned into a hacked up bubba job. It doesn't need that much work and that is why I want to save it.

If anyone thinks they can help me in some way, please let me know. Moderators, if this post is inappropriate for the section, please delete it. I will understand.

-Gunfreak

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your title is hurting your cause a bunch. If you want it drug with a towbar, you don't need a wrecker. Also, if the tires are too far gone to drive, they are too far gone to be towed on as well. How many miles is the journey? Will you be there to help? Answering these questions may help you secure some quality help.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I recommend you find someone with a tractor and landoll type trailer. No dropping drive lines. no worries about tires....just drag...or drive it on the trailer....drop the deck...chain her down and haul @ss.
It's worth a little extra money to me to ward off the evil MURPHY ISM's that can occur on the easiest recoveries.

Gunfreak25

Well guys I lucked out, I spoke with the owner of Jacks Government surplus in Tucson and he not only used to be a previous owner of this same truck but he will help me get it shipped to Yuma for about $250. He has lots of connections. The world is still full of awesome people, you just gotta find them and never judge a book by it's cover. :cheers:

My screenname is one I made about 4 years ago back when I got into the firearms hobby. Kinda stuck ever since. As for the signature. Well this aint a political forum, I am passionate about the country I live in and tend to be a bit of a history buff. Our founders were some of the greatest men to have ever lived.....

Thanks guys! -Gunfreak

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the truck come from Jacks? Have you ever been there? If not you need to go, you will be amazed. The place is awesome.:beer:

Gunfreak25

I spoke with Jack this evening. Great guy to talk to, knows his stuff. Yes, in fact Jack was the original purchaser of the truck 15 years ago. Haven't been there but I have seen pictures. Heck, he said if I lived closer he'd hire me on for some help around there. I'd be a kid in a candy shop! I am so excited to be finally joining the ranks of the steel soldier community. Stoked would be a better word, still feels like a dream!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks