• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any 6.2 diesel main stud girdle users?

welpro222

I have been running my 6.2 diesels for about 5 years now and have never had a broken crank or bottom end failure. Both of my trucks now have banks turbo kits with:

ARP head studs with 6.5 turbo head gaskets

ARP main studs with custom full length girdles made with 3/8" angle iron.

I know that most causes of crank failure are from the result of a bad harmonic balancer or of course the block cracking. My question is has anyone running a DSG stud girdle or custom girdle ever experience bottom end or crank failure?

blueblaze

I have a DSG kit on my 6.2 M1008. Haven't had any issues. My engine has been tweaked aswell. So time will tell what fails. Fuel has been turned up and timing bumped up. Truck is a completely different animal now. Then again it's a 5 speed now so that felt like a power gain. Night and day feel though in the power department. At this point I don't feel the need for a turbo. But as far as the DSG stud girdle goes, time will tell. I know people go on about crank failures on these engines. But I've never seen a crank failure in my life on a 6.2 or 6.5. Usually head gaskets is the biggest thing. Last 6.2 that died on me had super worn main bearings and it lost oil pressure and died. That engine had over 350k miles.
DSCF2041.jpg