• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any body using 150W or more on Unity spots?

scootertrs

Got a pair of 12 V unity spots on my deuce fire truck. Also on my hose bed lamps. I really would love to get some 24-28 Volt aircraft lamps in those housings. Any idea what fits? Would rather not reinvent the wheel. Thanks

kfdk14

I know this is off subject but is that a pumper body on that deuce ? My dept used to have one and i've never seen another one ours was awesome and only had like 1500 miles on it. It was like driving a new truck.

kfdk14

I loved ours we upgraded and ours was on loan from forestry the rural fire coor. was afraid another dept would just yank the body off and make a tanker out of it:roll:. Not sure whatever happened to it. It had spent all of its life at an airstrip so it was still in perfect shape.

scootertrs

As far as I know, there were quite a few made. Some for the Army, some for the Air Force. I have talked with a couple of other owners... She is definitely a special truck. Mine came from a municipality in Minnesota and had been previously with the Forestry service. She had a little over 12K miles. I am currently installing a winch and an air-o-matic power steering setup. With the tank full she is handful and a half.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GE and Wagner should make those lamps you're looking for. Check their websites and then find someone willing to order them for you. Good luck.

supermechanic

Grainger has a lighting catalog, somewhere around 150,000 different types of lamps.
Look for aircraft landing lamps, last time I looked I found some 600 watt, 28 volt lamps.
Just rember that they have a very short life, some less than 50 hours burn time.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they are the standard size that fits orginial military spot/flood lamps, I have some

Lights 4578 4579 4880, 24 volt, flood, headlight, high/low light.

Dennis

scootertrs

I don't know. I do know that my spots and my hose bed lights are 6 inch unities. I am trying to find out if they use PAR46 mount bulbs. I believe they do, but have not been able to confirm. maybe I should do another post with just that question? Thanks

AN/ARC186

They are PAR 46's
Here's what I came up with:
Hose Bed-G.E. 4572, alt part#24833, 28V 150 watt flood, 300hrs avg life, cost, about $10.00

Cab spot- G.E. 4570, alt part#24828, 28V, 150 watt aircraft taxi, 300hrs avg life, cost, about $20.00
You don't want to go over 150 watts or you can damage the rotary contacts in the spotlights.
Napa should be able to get the bulbs
Hope this helps.

scootertrs

I just checked out the 4570 and the 4572... no issue with the 4572, but the 4570 has a "diffused" or focused lens, OK for the hose bed lights, but different from my current 12 Volt lamps currently on my Unity spots which are just clear and smooth. The beam is very directional and focused from the 12 volt unit where as the 4570 's beam is broader and softer. Any Par46 that are 28 Volt, 150 Watt that have a clear, not difused lens? Thanks

AN/ARC186

OK, Collins has a retrofit kit that allows you to use a h-1 style bulb in a unity housing, the part # is CD-PAR-46S,(the s is for spot) it comes with a 12 v lamp, but all you want is the reflector housing/lens assy. the bulb that will fit it is a Hella 24 volt, 70 watt h-1, part# H83115071

hope this helps