• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any feedback on LMC Truck windshield weatherstrip?

Warren Lovell

Getting towards the cab for paint this weekend. I need to replace the windshield weatherstrip.

Has anyone used the LMC truck windshield weatherstrip? I've used their other parts which are good, but I read on an m1009 build that said he had to work hard to get it to fit?

anyone?

Randy

After repairing some rust on my M1009, we tried to use a new LMC gasket to reinstall the windshield; a professional glass guy and two ASE master auto techs spent about 45 minutes before finally breaking the OE windshield. The gasket was extremely thick and didnt leave enough room to install the glass. With the original gasket and a salvage windshield and all was made well again. To be fair, I've used lots of other parts from LMC with no problems.

jwaller

I have used some LMC stuff with good results so far. I would let a pro glass guy use his own stuff. they can get the best available (most of the time OE)