• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any luck on door parts

fastsailor

still looking for an actuator on the driver side its stamped with TAGA on it.
i have the part number from the TM but haven't had any luck finding one.

Any ideas or help would be great

PN 12417475 (driver I think)
12417476 (passenger I think)
i only need the driver one

fastsailor

i made two door panels i used a thin piece of steel cut it to size and drilled it then coated it with a lot of plasti dip after paint i cant tell the stock one from mine

flattop68

I was also missing the actuator on the drivers side. With the help of a friend in the aviation parts business, I was able to locate one at Augusta Engine Parts in Augusta, Ga. (706)736-1288. Part # 12417476 (NSN 3010013757322) is the drivers side, so I would assume 12417475 is the passenger side. Hope this helps.

flattop68

As far as the door panel goes, I purchased a sheet of Masonite/Hardboard at the local building supply store, used the other door panel as a template, & shot it with OD green paint. Unless you look really close, you can't tell the original from the copy.

Last edited:

scottmandu

I can order the door parts through Steyr Directly. They are new (not new Surplus) and can get them here in a few weeks.

birdslinger

I'm looking for a catch only on the drivers side for an M1078 (98). Handle, striker, and latch seem to be intact and functional although a little beat up. Does anyone know a better source than Augusta Engine Parts mentioned above?

timfi

Scott, did you get stock in? I also need a drivers side door actuator. Also inside door handles for both doors. And while I'm making a Santa request I need a 3-way winch switch for my LMTV 1078 (seemingly impossible to find)

Thanks!

Tim

scottmandu

Scott, did you get stock in? I also need a drivers side door actuator. Also inside door handles for both doors. And while I'm making a Santa request I need a 3-way winch switch for my LMTV 1078 (seemingly impossible to find)Thanks!
Tim
I've got new swtiches and the door parts will be here on the 11th