• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any place to fix glass?

williamh

Depending on the truck you can buy a nos or used pice of glass. Most “glazer” or real glass places can make you a new pice. They are all laminated including the side windows. Posting what type of truck you got will get you more responses or offers on replacement pices.

Defcon-1

have a couple cracked glass windows and windshields. does anyone know a place that will replace the glass near nj?
Where are you at in NJ? I just had my windshield replaced back in the fall by a local glass shop who mainly does glass-shower installs and said he'd love to take on the job to work on a military vehicle. So don't just go for automotive shops check out those custom glass and window / bathroom shops too is my suggestion. Also just for reference, I took the windshield frame out of the windshield channel and brought it in to him, didn't drive the truck over, windshield frame comes out pretty easy.

bowlerman

Where are you at in NJ? I just had my windshield replaced back in the fall by a local glass shop who mainly does glass-shower installs and said he'd love to take on the job to work on a military vehicle. So don't just go for automotive shops check out those custom glass and window / bathroom shops too is my suggestion. Also just for reference, I took the windshield frame out of the windshield channel and brought it in to him, didn't drive the truck over, windshield frame comes out pretty easy.
berlin. id love to do that. where is he? can you give all info?

Defcon-1

berlin. id love to do that. where is he? can you give all info?
My man, Berlin is like < 15 mins from me I’m in Williamstown. We should meet up one day it would be nice to have another 5-Ton friend in the area and if you need help wrenching lemme know too. The guy I used is “Illusions Custom Mirrors & Glass” maybe he’ll give you a good deal for more work but honestly I might have been better buying a windshield frame (which included glass) NOS from Eastern Surplus over in PA and just painted it black lol. But, don’t mind supporting small local business either 🤷🏻 But just an idea to maybe call around to see if another type of glass shop / supplier can help you if you wanted to go the “keep all original parts” route lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks