• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any salvage yards or shops with old Cat D8 parts

olason

I know it isn't military, but I am wondering if anyone knows of a place to get parts for a D8 caterpillar (Have to go get the serial number again).

My dad has 3 bulldozers on the farm, two which don't interest me as much, 1956 and 1955 D8 14A's and then the 1938 D8.

I am mainly looking for engine parts as my dad and grandpa believe that the main bearings seized in engine. It ran about 15 years ago and took out the trees on the North side of our farm yard. Since then my dad got the 1956 which had a transmission fail (have a replacement; it hasn't been put in though) and a 1955 which is currently in use and is the only with a hydraulic controlled dozer.

91W350

Try Rex Russell, Mentor Kansas, if anybody around would know about old Cats and where you might find parts, Rex would be your man. If you are into antique Cats, you will enjoy talking to him. Glen

fasttruck

Ghere are sevral cat sites on the web: antique cata[ilar owners' club is one. Their web sites list used parts dueals. There is a big one in Idaho and another in n0rthern Georgia that are always parting out machines.

guner51

D8 parts

Try your Cat dealer, I had a RD7that had a bad rod in the engine and out local Cat dealer here in Peoria Illinois had the rods, bearing, pistons, gaskets sets
and a lot of other engine parts on the shelfs

Jdm1mn

Hi, I have several D8’s in that date range. I would like to discuss. It’s my first day on this site so not exactly sure how to contact you. My email address is jdm1mn@yahoo.com. Please put cat in subject line

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks