• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Trailers Wrangler RT IIs will bolt direct to?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of Goodyear Wrangler R/T II tires, I am told they are not good for the M1008 so are there any trailer applications? I mean without a spacer to mount the tires! I have a couple of Pioneer Tool Trailers that I think run CUCV style wheels?
Any chance one of these will mount direct?IMG_2087.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its the rim thats the issue. Use that tire on a rim that isn't an 8 bolt, and you'll be fine.

They should be direct bolt on for an m1101 or m101a3(probably a2, but you'd have to check clearances).

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Those wheels have the same bolt pattern as m101a2 and m101a3 trailers, but I believe they'll hit the frame on your tool trailers without spacers. Here are a couple pictures of the 36" HMMWV tires on my old tool trailer. I used the wheels from an older DRASH trailer which fit about perfect. I believe the newer DRASH trailers use regular HMMWV wheels.
IMG_1798.jpgIMG_1799.jpg

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did your tool trailer come with the surge brakes or did you change trailer frames? The tires look good on the trailer, but I am concerned you are right about the offset. I will check my long tool trailer tomorrow, I was wrong about the short trailers, both have the five lug hubs. Thanks for the photo.PICT1027.jpg

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I bought it as an m116a1 without surge brakes and on the old 5 lug wheels. I put the box on an m116a3 HMMWV trailer frame then changed the axle for the narrower m116a2 axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks