• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any WRECKER owners in Tucson? Can you help a fellow SS?

Gunfreak25

Are there any 5 ton wrecker owners in the Tucson area who can help me? I have a M211 deuce sitting in Tucson and I need to get it shipped home! The poor old girl has been sitting exposed to the elements for a long while now, It's time for her to come on home! :cry:

I have been listing it on Uship now for months with no success. Someone either wants $1000 to do it or they need a loading dock for loading and unloading. I have neither the dock or that hefty of a pocket book.

The truck runs and drives but there's 4 tires that need replacing on the rear and the brakes aren't fully operational. Otherwise I'd drive it home.

Obviously, the truck isn't even ready for a flat tow yet due to the tires. But, if I can make it to Tucson and get some new rubber mounted on the old girl (the rears) would someone here be willing to tow it home for me?

Being 19 I don't exactly have a lot of cash to throw around at once, but do name your price. I know I can at the very least pay for any fuel expenses.

So if there's any owners with a wrecker nearby who can help me, do drop me a PM here. I'd be most grateful! If you are a hard working busy bee and need time to plan the tow for a weekend I'd be more than happy to wait however long you need. :beer:

-Tom in Yuma

Picture of the old steel soldier

You can probably find NDT tires for about 50 apiece on rims. What is wrong with the brakes? My advice would be fix it and drive it home.

If you arent sure whats wrong with the brakes first would be to bleed them. They are supposed to use DOT5 but if you are in a pinch DOT3 will work. Bleed and check for leaks. Most of the time all the brakes need is a bleed and there good.

Gunfreak25

The truck is parked near Jacks Government Surplus and jack is selling me tires for $50 a piece. I will need about 4 of them. The brakes aren't even hooked up. More specifically, the air compressor needs to be mounted to the V8 engine under the hood, new lines, air tanks need to be installed, etc. By the time I got it road worthy it would come close to the cost of finding someone to tow it for me. I'd also rather pay a few dollars extra for a tow just for the peace of mind.

Gunfreak25

Negative, Sir. It's a 54 M211 powered by an early 1968 ultra high compression 455 Oldsmobile V8.
Th400 3 speed transmission. Little bit more power than the original 302 I6 gasser. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks