• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody added a muffler to the 5-ton multifuels?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reducing the noise level somewhat on our M51A2 multifuel would be nice, and I was wondering if anybody ever did something with it.

I saw some threads on noise levels for 5-ton trucks, but most stories go about the 8xx and 9xx series. Also an interesting revived thread for the the Deuce multifuel. Reducing the noise level somewhat on our M51A2 multifuel would be nice since we hopefully will be driving the truck in a small town as part of our museum activities. Reading this revived deuce thread, I was wondering if anybody ever did something like that on an M5x multifuel.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry the following are the only other 2 pictures.
The muffler is made by AERO, is designed for diesel applications, actually has negative back pressure due to the foil design internal. One of the pictures shows the burn area where the foil is located. All stainless so heat is not an issue nor is corrosion. Is is a non-packed straight through design. (I sound like a sales pitch...shesh). It takes the edge off but does very little to quiet the turbo scream. I specifically wanted a muffler that would fit under the heat screen.

DSC00369.jpgDSC00353.jpg