• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anybody reconize this??

poppop

I won this trailer on GSA this week. It has US Army painted on it and looks like it was green. I saw one that looked like it in the Vietnam pictures that was posted. Its payload is 70,000 pounds. FSN is ACVC-166105 and the contract number is DAAE07-70-C-0096. Other than being rusted its in good shape. I plan to use it to my my excavator around the farm. I will have to build a heavy dove tail on the back to make loading easier.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like and M172 but I'm not an expert on them. In the event it is an M172 it has a 25 ton payload IIRC.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a M172 series, the gooseneck portion of the trailer is much too high to be the M172 or M172A1. I looked in David Doyle's book and I didn't see anything resembling the above....

poppop

The government data plate is still on it and it says 70,000 payload for a GVW 82,500 pounds. It was built by Rodgers Manf Co.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks