• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody score the M1008 with dual wheels

91W350

They had one listed wrong and had no engine or transmission. I was very tempted, just the hassle of getting it home.... I sure would have liked to drop my 6.2 and 400 in there out of the Utah M1009.... My son would have loved that transaction, he wants my M1008 so bad... I hope somebody here snagged it. Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was listed as scrap and GL would not issue an SF-97. By the time you add the 10% fee, sales tax (as there is no title), the cost to GET a title, recovery costs and all the repairs required it would be a lot of coinage

I still would have liked to have it.

91W350

I have friends in the salvage and wholesale car business. I am pretty sure by the time I got the swapping done, they would have a title for me. The truck looked pretty solid, makes one wonder why they did not fix it or why they chose that one to scavenge parts off of. My M1009 runs as nice as any I have driven and I would gladly turn it into a parts truck to get one of those duall wheeled M1028s. Just as well I guess, I would still like to have it.... :-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a rust bucket M1009 that was just screaming to donate the parts to that M1028 .:neutral: . I know that a title could be had if needed.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, it went for $1310. Plus 20% (maxed taxes) and you have $1600 (ish).

0001 - Uncategorized at Government Liquidation

Engine in the can from Boyce equipment? $950 plus delivery

Boyce Equipment Axles and Military Parts

They probably have a tranny and transfer case for another $1k. So call it a total of $5000.

IN YOUR DRIVEWAY. Unless you already had all those spare parts (many here do) and you are not even out that.

Yeah, just to make yah drool. LOVE MY M1028A2. Can't beat it. I've gotta get a better pix than this one. But for now...

View attachment 205280

TUG went for $2160 plus 20% equals $2600 plus delivery

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=3656562&convertTo=USD

Those axles are HUGE...

Last edited:

91W350

I should have bid on it, but that is life. It would have been easy to move the axles and bed to my M1008... giving me a little sheetmetal for a future Chevy pickup, chassis parts, a Dana 60 and a 14 bolt, I really was not thinking....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks