• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone ever try a "dewatering filter" ?

Darwin T

i saw these also and it looks great. the ones we have here were i work do the opposite, they pick up oil and not water. thats what we need in an oil refinery.

pmramsey

I have used them for a few years now. Mine look like oversize tampons. I hang three on a chain and hang them inside the tank. I remove them about once a month and replace them with another set while the water soaked ones are hung up to dry. There are reuseable and they work!

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you will have to experiment with it to see if it works, as in leave an external water separator (with clear base or drain valve) in line with your filtration system until you can prove to yourself this item is reliable.

Rick

ARYankee

I would be curious to see if it worked. How does a water separator do? I've been looking at them online along with TSC. Anyone here using them?

pmramsey

Pilots have been using fuel/water separators for years. Pre-flight requires taking fuel samples from the low points in each fuel tank and checking for water and proper color of fuel; the color being the octane indicator for different grades of av-gas. Many pilots use a sampling cup that has a membrane that allows water and not fuel to pass through it. The water is held in the flask and the fuel can be returned to the fuel tank. This is especially important because there is a $2,500 fine for anyone observed throwing the fuel sample into the air or pouring the 6-8 oz sample onto the ground.

The in-tank "tampons" are wrapped in the same type of filter material. The inside of the "tampon" is a water holding material. Yank the tampon from the tank and allow it to dry and it is once again ready for work.

Last edited:

Smokinyoda

I have emailed the seller and he is willing to give a discount for a group buy. If anyone is interested in trying these out let me know and I will give him the quantities and report back on the amount of discount. He also sells these on ebay and has great feedback.

mtnrebel

We use stuff here at the oil company for customer's fuel oil tanks. It is an additive that dissolves sludge, clean lines and filters, and dissolves water. I use this stuff in my deuce, no problems and keeps the filters clean. One quart bottle will treat 1000 gallons, but the key is you have to keep using it, not a one time deal, periodically. Cheaper too, $15.00 a bottle!

Smokinyoda

Would these also absorb coolant as well?

I would take 2 if you do the group buy.
His reply to this was:

The filters will absorb most of the components of antifreeze but not the alcohol. I have never had a problem with the alcohol that remains in fact in might even help the fuel. Most people use these filters for biodiesel and if it absorbed alcohol, they would be worthless.

Still waiting on a price, trying to see if its cheaper him shipping all to me and me distributing them, or him shipping all seperately. Will keep you posted.

Smokinyoda

Ok counting myself looks like we have enough interest to order 10, shipped in pairs to 5 different people. I emailed him this and here is his response:

Sam,
The normal price on those filters is $35.99 plus $7.00 shipping. For 10 sold in groups of 2, I will sell them for $30.00 each and will cover the shipping. So basically $60 per person including shipping.
Thanks.....Martin

So what does everyone think?

s1036s

works for me, just send me a pm with info when you get the final details. Ill try to check this as much as I can, I just dont want to leave anyone hanging. I have money in paypal or can call him and use a credit card. Whatever works. This looks to be a good setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks