• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone from Charleston, WV

JC Clark

Hello everyone!!! I am looking to meet people in Charleston, West Virginia that share the same military vehicle interest that I do. I may not own a military vehicle, but I work for a company that refurbishes, or zero hour resets all kinds of military vehicles all the way from a m35a2 to m1113 assault amphibious vehicles. I have lived in Charleston almost all my life but have never met anyone that I can talk military vehicles with. Looking foward to any replies.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone!!! I am looking to meet people in Charleston, West Virginia that share the same military vehicle interest that I do. I may not own a military vehicle, but I work for a company that refurbishes, or zero hour resets all kinds of military vehicles all the way from a m35a2 to m1113 assault amphibious vehicles. I have lived in Charleston almost all my life but have never met anyone that I can talk military vehicles with. Looking foward to any replies.

Hi JC! Great to see another Charlie town guy on the site. I am in the process of moving back to Charleston with my wife and son. I grew up there too. We moved away in 2005, but couldn't stay away. We still own a house there so it should be an easy transition.

Clark Truck is a great company. I bought a bunch of parts off of you guys to fix up my M925A2. Speaking of refurbishing vehicles, I have my truck for sale if you guys need one to rebuild for a contract. It needs body work and paint amongst other things, but it looks a heck of a lot better than when I started!

Savilla helped me out with all my parts needs. He's a big help. I know those Backus and Thorton guys too. They are good folks. We'll have to get together to talk trucks here in a few months when we get settled in.

jbingvtx

Hey JC Clark, I'm east of Beckley so not too far away. There is also a very new MV club located in Beckley if you are interested you could contact johnnybravo for more info on that.

JC Clark

Chris is it? I am glad to hear that you are moving back. My girlfriend and I, who are expecting a baby thought about moving out of state but came to the realization that we would probably miss it as you said. I have been working here at Clark for 3 years now right after I got out of the Marine corps and yes it is a GREAT company. Unfortunantly Arnold is no longer with us, neither is Andy. Troy is still with us and he is a great asset to the company. Let me know when you get settled in. Looking foward to hearing back from you.

AceHigh

I am down in the Bluefield are but graduated from Stonewall Jackson on the West side. I used to go down and stare over a fence at a yard in town at lots of military trucks. I really wanted one! or more.

That was your yard was it not? This was way back in the 1960s

Anyway, I am well aware of the high quality of Clark products, welcome aboard!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris is it? I am glad to hear that you are moving back. My girlfriend and I, who are expecting a baby thought about moving out of state but came to the realization that we would probably miss it as you said. I have been working here at Clark for 3 years now right after I got out of the Marine corps and yes it is a GREAT company. Unfortunantly Arnold is no longer with us, neither is Andy. Troy is still with us and he is a great asset to the company. Let me know when you get settled in. Looking foward to hearing back from you.
Hey Josh,

Sorry to hear about Arnold and Andy. That explains why they didn't answer my emails when I was looking for some more parts.

Good luck with the baby. One of the biggest reasons we moved back to WV was to get my son closer to his grandparents.

Chris

JC Clark

Chris,

Although Arnold and Andy no longer work with us, we still keep in touch so it is not so bad. I would say that I would help with your parts needs if you weren't in the process of selling your M925A2. It's funny that you mention it because that is the very same reason that we are not moving out of state, simply because all of the family is here.

:grd:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to work on the truck as I get some time if it doesn't sell. So, I will still need some more parts. I may end up driving it back to WV from NC if I still have it when we're settled into Chas. If I do, then I will have to drive it to Black Betsy for a visit.

JC Clark

Good to hear. You are more than welcome to come and visit. It has changed a whole lot since you have been here I am sure. We have security fences and a brand new parts warehouse. Our quality has improved immensly. We will be more than happy to show you around.

jbsapp

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread to say that I live in South Charleston. I'm purchasing, through a "lay away" payment plan, an M35A2 from an individual in Dunbar. It's a 71 AM Gen, Wo/W plus winch (uninstalled and lacking some parts). To say the least, I've been able to skirt a GL reclamation. Assuming no financial disasters occur, I'll have it Feb 1.

I visited the Clark facility a few months ago and was surely impressed. The bobbed deuce is nice, however the asking price is a bit beyond my range. Has it sold yet?

I'd be happy to meet up with anyone in the area. Ideas?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
JB, as far as I know, the bob truck is still there. There are a good bunch of folks at Clark. I have met with the owner and managers a few times and they have treated me great. We might have some neat stuff in the works with them next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks