• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone had their oil cooler go bad ?

Trying to figure if I blew a head or the oil cooler went bad..... I have always had oil leak at the oil filters since the first time i changed oil, now after 4 gasket sets and different tck linorques and ideas, im wondering if the oil cooler is leaking. The onlything I dont understand is that it looks like a hint of antifreeze mixed with the oil running along the engine block line. I have small bubbles in the front head gasket, but this just happened 2 weeks ago, and the truck still runs great! no antifreeze in the oil, and no weird noises. If the oil cooler would leak, would it cause a mess of oil and antifreze mix?

Anyone change their oil cooler, and has any tips?

Thanks for any help

devilman96

I doubt the cooler its self would leak, its made out of stainless... The o-rings are silicone, be rare to go bad... Really rare... The coolant tank surrounding the cooler though would be a different story, their aluminum and have a tendency to rot from the inside out, if this be the case it would leak coolant outside of the tank, not mix oil and coolant.

If the block line your referring to is the line between the head and block I would say one of the two freeze plugs between the heads is going...

Thanks Devil, we believe its more of a headgasket issue and maybe even a freeze plug as you mentioned... Any good place to get the new over haul gaskets kit for the multifuel? still trying to find what for wrench I need to do the head bolts... Thanks