• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have photos behind the doghouse of the 923?

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure the A2 has a bit more crammed back there, but for my 923 I'm trying to visualize some options for switch and equipment mounting, but cant find any specs of what I'll see behind there.

86m1028

I'm sure the A2 has a bit more crammed back there, but for my 923 I'm trying to visualize some options for switch and equipment mounting, but cant find any specs of what I'll see behind there.
No pics but A1 & A2's are totally different.
Dash is the same but dog house depth isn't.

74M35A2

Glad you had humor on it. I try to add a little fun if possible otherwise things can get kind of dry. I don't have the answer to your doghouse question, sorry. First gen and A1 use the big and long 855 engine, so the above poster who took you serious unlike myself is likely correct. I saw your post was stagnate for a few days with no reply, and we didn't want you to think nobody loves you. You'll know when you made the friend list once it turns to mom jokes.

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bah. I feel a lot of love around here. It's one of the few places where sooo many ideas/ideals/deals line up quite nicely. I'm just thrilled I didn't find this hobby years ago when I really couldn't afford it.

Based on my searches (and my Google-fu is pretty strong) I figured there wasn't a lot of documentation behind such things, since the general concensus seems to be "don't take that off if you don't have to".

Glad you had humor on it. I try to add a little fun if possible otherwise things can get kind of dry. I don't have the answer to your doghouse question, sorry. First gen and A1 use the big and long 855 engine, so the above poster who took you serious unlike myself is likely correct. I saw your post was stagnate for a few days with no reply, and we didn't want you to think nobody loves you. You'll know when you made the friend list once it turns to mom jokes.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out some of the dual fuel line modification threads. The doghouse has to be removed for that and several of those threads have pictures.

74M35A2

OK, I'll be non-sarcastic for once in my life. The doghouse of a truck is the front center floor area where it is raised up for transmission clearance.

74M35A2

Yep, that is with the doghouse removed. The doghouse is the actual cover over that area when normally assembled. I didn't know they made 2 different ones. That is good to know in case I ever put a real engine in my 925A2.

Last edited: