• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have some dead 2hn batteries?

ida34

I am looking for two dead 2hn batteries. I would like to cut the tops off to make a cover to go on the 51 group maint free batteries to make them look more correct. Anyone have some to butcher? These batteries were used in the jeeps and gensets and they are 12 volt.

ida34

I post the same request on another site and the whole thing turns into a rant about properly disposing of the rest of the battery. Someone actually said if I was in NJ that I would be arrested on site for trying to recycle a battery without a top. First the guy just made a statement saying he was afraid to ask what I would do with the rest of the battery. When another person said recycle places would take them he countered with the part about being arrested. At least here no one flamed me over the request. Basically the guy was assuming that I would toss the rest in the dumpster or something. I am glad he does not know about all that radium I buried.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't help you with the batteries but dead ones shouldn't be too hard to find.

Batteries are toxic but there's alot worse hosehold items that get poured down the drain every day :shock:.

AndrewH

So your saying that tire fire I've been putting plastic bags on is not a good idea? I get a lot of batteries thru the shop out of boats and pwc's, would the top of one of those work? You know it takes a lot more of the new antifreeze to keep the dust down like the old stuff did so well..........

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
\ You know it takes a lot more of the new antifreeze to keep the dust down like the old stuff did so well..........
That reminds me. Years ago around here the county would put used oil on the dirt roads to keep the dust down.

Kwai

I have a couple of 2hn's that I was saving for cores. PM me. Give me the address of the guy in NJ and I will ship him the remains. :twisted:

ida34

The website if for M151's. It is http://g838.org. I may have taken it wrong but I kind of took exception to a guy that does not know me making assumptions like that. At least here you guys know me and know I would burn the remains of the batteries. Battery acid can be neutralized leaving the lead plates. I think I get more lead exposure as a firearms instructor. In fact, I have lead screenings at work every so often.

moose53

Chuck,

I think you kinda took Rick's comments the wrong way. My belief, based on knowing him, was that he was just trying to warn you of possible negative outcomes, not that he was accusing you of anything. Stuff like that does happen where he is, and usually it happens to him lol. He forgets sometimes that the rest of the country, with the probable exception of California, does not have, nor do they rabidly enforce a raft of petty laws. Anyways, I don't think you were getting flamed..... Good luck with the batteries, I actually like your attention to detail. Post some pics when its done!

Jim

ida34

That is the problem with online discussions. No non-verbal communication and a lack of inflection. I know he was not flaming me I just take it real personal when my integrity seems to come into question. With my profession integrity is everything. I will post pics both of the restoration and the results. My attention to detail is to keep it motor pool. Not the attention to detail such as individually painting every screw head. I paint them like the we did in the military. Mask only the stuff you really need to then spray away. I have 6tl's in my deuce and if they went out I would probably replace them with more 6tls. I may just break down and get the 2hns for the thing. I will start work on the beast in the next couple of months so I will not need batteries for a while yet. I will post pics both on G838 and here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks