• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone have some info or own one of these?

PorscheTech911

I've seen a few of these TM-1800 De-icer Trucks on GL. I might go for one (don't expect to win it) but if I do where would I get some more info on them? They don't seem too common, but I bet it'd make a great "just off the trail" car wash for some steel soldier events.

If anyone's got one, or has some info/pictures please share thanks!

PT911

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two sold in Little Rock a couple of months ago for about $800 each, one was in really good shape the other was more of a parts truck.

hemichallenger

I have moved many non military de-icers from airports that sell them when they replace them. Most were in good working condition and went for $1200.-$1500. They were fords with 3208 cats.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have looked at them myself with some interest.....not sure if there is a pratical use for one other than intended purpose....maybe a private fire fighting vehicle.

The cabover design could make for some interesting custom rigs....I have seen them with 5th wheels on them. Some of them are gas burners....a few are diesel.

The little aux diesel engine in them might make a good transplant into a small pickup truck.

You could prob scrap them out for more than purchase price.

Some many ideas....so little money.:cry:

GoldComet6

I saw some last year at the GL lot in Warner Robins. They are briefly shown in one of the vids I recorded....it's all I got!

Saw another one for sale in North GA several weeks ago, but wasn't able to stop and look. Keep thinking I'll drive that way again and see if it's still there. Might take some pics if it is.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRgWvIvSaXk&feature=related[/media]

PorscheTech911

Well I don't think I'm willing to spend the dough on one this time. It's going a little higher than I'd like. I may shoot for one in the future. Thanks for the info guys.

Also I agree there really isn't a practical use. Doghead and I talked about a few today, but other than using it for MV trail showers there isn't much that can be done with one. Wreckman has the best idea. We shall see!