• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know if these are custom trailers?

ida34

They are not custom. They were used for laundry units. I am not sure if they used them for anything else.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Stretch has one. from the weight of the empty trailer I would say they are meant to be pulled with a 5ton, but I would like to have one for use with my deuce.

Chief_919

I have seen them with laundry units, fuel pods, water purification units, and all sorts of other stuff on them.

DieselBob

I keep eyeing those. Nice "cool" factor, just can't figure what I would use it for. Thought if I added a shelter it would make a neat camper.

PorscheTech911

wow thats heavier than it looks then, i was just interested in using it to haul my car back from college with my stuff in the back of the deuce. An Abrams huh? sounds like ill just have to get one! :-D

Nonotagain

I own two of these trailers.

Bare trailer weight is 5750 lbs.

Bed height is 37" from the ground.

Bed lengths range from 12'-14' in length. The bed is 5/16" steel plate. The suspension is a walking beam. Landing gear are mounted on all four corners for storage or leveling.

Tires are 12.00 x 16.5" bias ply load range "F" mounted on 6 lug wheels of the same bolt pattern of the deuce and half truck.

Both of the M1061a1's that I own can be hauled via the lunette ring or you can install a draw bar for use behind tracked vehicles. Not all of the trailers have the provision for the draw bar.

I have looked at installing a surge brake controller on a draw bar and doing away with the air over hydraulic system.

For the money, these trailers are hard to beat. Logistically, they are too heavy for use as a car hauler. Your results may vary.

PorscheTech911

well the search continues. does anyone know of a trailer that i can use on the duece without modifying it much? I used to weld professionally so i can modify a flatbed, but i just dont need a full semi style trailer for one car...

Nonotagain

well the search continues. does anyone know of a trailer that i can use on the duece without modifying it much? I used to weld professionally so i can modify a flatbed, but i just dont need a full semi style trailer for one car...
Why not weld yourself up a receiver hitch for your deuce and rent a car trailer from U-haul?

A member here did just that so that he could haul a trailer he already owned.

PorscheTech911

I guess thats true, ive made plenty of homemade trailers, mostly to mount competition meat smokers on. Good call on that. I'll look into it, would anyone be interested in a custom say 18-20' low flatbed like that? If i use second hand steel from the mill in St. Joseph MO i bet i could make it pretty cheaply :?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks