• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone Know this Trailer/Organization

70deuce

While on a trip to Dulce, NM, found this Fruehauf water tanker (no military data plate) parked next to a wildfire slurry tank. It belonged to a Navy training organization of some sort probably supporting a firefighting school. See last picture for the decal (FHOTC). Its marked for water only. Anyone know where this trailer might have come from?? Also parked near it was this cool Oskosh snow plow. Impressive piece of equipment.

Attachments

hwcurtice

While on a trip to Dulce, NM, found this Fruehauf water tanker (no military data plate) parked next to a wildfire slurry tank. It belonged to a Navy training organization of some sort probably supporting a firefighting school. See last picture for the decal (FHOTC). Its marked for water only. Anyone know where this trailer might have come from?? Also parked near it was this cool Oskosh snow plow. Impressive piece of equipment.

FHOTC = Fleet Hospital Operations and Training Center

Looks like it belonged to Camp Pendleton, at one time.

Gotta love Google...

Oldfart

Command History

It looks like Fleet Hospital Operations and Training Center had a fairly short life span. Quick research shows it was a Command before being decommisioned to a Center and then adsorbed into other missions. I did find some info that FHOTC was active in Diarrhea research for a while. Most missions and activity seem to be around CA and Camp Pendelton.

What I am really interested in is the vehicle 70 Deuce so carefully avoided photographing that was parked next to the snow plow. Any chance these things might be heading to DRMO or have they already been that route and are in the hands of the airport operations?????

Oldfart

Well, that means we will just have to bide our time until they get replacements. I wonder if the large water tanker had anything to do with the Diarrhea research?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks