• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone know what this is?

Seth_O

I picked this up while in UT two weeks ago. Unfortunately no data plate on it anywhere. Can anyone identify what the frame is from?

I did a quick search on google and can't find anything with this 'axle' and p-brake setup.

Also, anyone know where I can get a 2.5" 8pt socket to disassemble the hub's? Found one place, but they wanted $109 :|.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure it's a 2-1/2"? OTC makes a 2-9/16" 8pt, part number 1905. Should be less than $20

Seth_O

Negative.

It's military. It's the chassis used on the later type lube units. As well I'm sure it is used in other configurations. Not counting the ball hitch....that's custom.
Westfolk: tks for the insight, any idea what the type could be (i.e. M1416m 1101, etc)? I can go do further research if you can point me in the right direction ;-). Sorry if it's a newbie question

319: I could be wrong, I got as close as I could with a tape measure. Not familiar with OTC?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Seth_O

Awesome - tks 319. Found it for $15 and placed an order. Best news I've had all day!

On a side note, where do you folks get replacement parts for these military trailers? This one has a rubber bushing that goes around the axle that's begging to be replaced.

Carter

What size tires are on it? If they are 16", the wheels look like M101/ A1 trailer and M37/ B1 Budd style and you may be able to locate parts at one of the usual dealers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks