• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A CARGO COVER?

tjmilitary

If anyone is looking for a cargo cover I have some NOS covers. I have been told that they are the same cover as the M1008. Can anyone confirm that for me?

aboonski

I would be very interested in one if they fit an M1008!

My guess is that you have covers that were made for the Dodge truck. I have heard they are the same but would have to see photos and get some measurements before I would commit to buying one! My cargo cover has bad zippers and some pinholes that allow water to drip into the bed which is bad! Some of the grommets on my cover are missing also. Could you post some photos and provide some details regarding the length and width of the cover? Thanks!

LanceRobson

RE: I would be very interested in one if they fit an M1008!

The M880 canvas and the CUCV canvas attach to the truck differently. That said, the M880 canvas can be made to work on the CUCV.

If you have the national stock number (NSN), post it and I'll check on which you've got.

If they're CUCV covers, I'd be interested. What kind of price are we talking?

Lance

tjmilitary

sorry I dont have the NSN numbers but they are rolled and banded with a plastic band. I want $125 each for them.

tmbrwolf

The M880 and M1008 covers have different stock numbers, IIRC they attach differently and will not interchange without mods.

tmbrwolf

You might want to check one and post the part number,it should be stenciled on the cover, I can get the stock number from that and then tell you what they fit!

tmbrwolf

The cover number is 12255551 NSN 2540-01-038-4605 for the M880
The cover number is 14072475 NSN 2540-01-191-8549 for the M1008
The 12255550 is for the complete kit, no NSN is available any longer for them, tjmilitary if you open one and find it's for an M880 let me know, I AM INTERESTED!!!!

tjmilitary

The only thing I can find on the cover reads as follows

Front
19207-1225555
MFR - 56101
Hope this will help.