• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Chambersburg, PA

therbert

I tried to call GL Site and see if they could recomend someone to me to pick it up and make sure it is running. They said we go by the book here, we can't give any information other then what is listed in the description. It sure makes a differnce where you get your truck from. Camp Lejeune, NC guys were awesome.. They suck at Chambersburg, PA.

Still need some help if anyone knows somebody.

Thanks

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chambersburg used to be great. I spent 4 hours inspecting my truck, took it for more than several laps around the yard, and several times the guy came over to see if I needed help. Times must of changed..

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Chanbersburg

Not sure what you need? Do you need the truck picked up, inspected for pickup, inspected for potential bidding, is it awaiting an EUC or has an EUC been approved?

I am about an hour away but I fly out of town on Sunday for a week. I may have a day the following week but not sure yet.

therbert

RE: Chanbersburg

I am waiting for EUC, Just won bid yesterday. I wanted to see if it was drivable. I want to drive it back to NC. It would be great is someone could pick it up for me also, It is easier for me to fly in on Friday Night and drive home Saturday. Then I don't have to pay for my ticket as I am on my way home from work in FL.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks

Crazyguypa

therbert I am heading to Chambersburg tomorrow to pick up my truck (first deuce :D) just pm me the info and I'll give you Justin's number (from GL) so you can call him and ok it with him. He's a good guy, helped me out a ton. I'm sure he will be ok with it.

I'll be leaving my place about 7am to get there as soon as they open before the truck comes to haul mine home at 9am.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You know I when I was a lieutenant and the property book officer, I found out the MSG that did the inspections liked Payday candy bars. When the time came for inspection right on top of my property book were two paydays. You should have seen the smile on his face and the way we aced that inspection. I always try to offer the guys a coffee or doughnut or something when I get there. That and being kind and patient is a big factor in keeping the door open to get a peek as items. I always wear my uniform too so that greases the skids quite a bit. I may have to stop that if I get promoted to Colonel they may think they are getting inspected and try to give me a doughnut.

If I was home Chambersburg is about an hour and ten minutes for me. Look for help from me in late 2008 till then if you buy something in the Busan DRMO I can help...

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If crazyguypa or medlog can't do it for whatever reason or you don't hook up in time, I'll be out there quite a bit over the next few weeks. Let me know. I'm just over in York, about an hour away.

therbert

It was the only desert deuce on the lot I think.. I will look up the number and post.

I have to be honest, I am allways the one that is helping my neighbors and getting forgotten when I need something. I don't even know you guys and you make me feel like family.

Thanks Again, Anything I can do let me know.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there on Tuesday to load out a woodworking shop and trailer. Will be investigating other acquisitions as well to check on how to retrieve. I may have some time to investigate. There were I think three desert deuces between sale 3147 and 3210. Let me know which one and I can look.

Medlog, I'll be taking my "good" deuce to load out the trailer. I won't part with that one. So anytime you need to give it a hug, you are more than welcome. As long as I'm not around to get in the way. I'll gladly tow his out. I need to work the truck a bit.

Crazyguypa, come on, it's home, give us our fix. We are starting to twitch. Hope the trip home was smooth and the truck ran great. How was douglas?

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction, there were three deserts that sold in sale 3147 alone. Lot #s 3904,3940, and 3965 (from what I can tell). I presume it was one of these three since when you posted sale 3210 wasn't over yet.

Crazyguypa

Yeah the truck is home. Waited about 45 mins to get a jump , Justin from Gl was tied up with somone else. Took about 5-10 mins to get it going, damn 16 deg weather.

Brett from Douglass equipment did a nice job getting the truck home. I left 15 mins later than he did so I could check out Tom's truck for him and he beat me home. I was doing 70-75 and took a few miles off going the Pa turnpike, so Lord knows how fast he was going. By the time I got home the truck was already off loaded and idiling in front of the house. Was hoping to get a shot of it coming up the hill to the house....maybe on the next deuce I get :)

I'll post up some pics tomorrow night while I'm at work if it's not too busy. Still have to get the SF-97 done before i will be able to get the antique tags, so she'll sit for another couple of weeks.

At least she's home, sitting in the driveway. Makes my Dodge truck look like a toy next to it. Will give me some time to look everything over and fix what needs to be done to make sure she's safe. Looks like most of the electrical connectors ar split from age, gonna have to try and find a large surplus of new ones and start replacing them. Heard a clicking noise everyso often in the cab, almost like a breaker was tripping and resetting, wish it was warmer to be outside working on it. From the looks of things, alot of the parts seem to be original.

34 year old truck with 1/4" thick paint top to bottom, front to back. A paint scraper is not going to cut it. Time to get a blaster!

therbert

Crazyquypa, Happy to hear it went well for you. It is allways painfull getting everything right.

Congrads..

Thanks again for looking at mine.. I did find a trucking company that will haul it for me.. I just can't be there to help load. I still would be intrested if there is another way to get it home.. Shipping is more than I paid for it.

Thanks Again

therbert

Crazyquypa, By the way, I did read on the site somewhere that a pressure washer worked wonders removing paint on these trucks.

Havn't tried myself but thought I would pass along..

Srjeeper

SF-97's

Crazyguypa, glad things went well for ya getting stuff home, but just a little "heads up" on the SF-97's.

GL's had mine since 11/02/07 and when I talked to them this week they told me to call back in a couple more weeks. :shock:

The feds are really slow gettin stuff signed this time of year I quess, must be an extended hangover. :roll:

I'm sure it's not overwork!! :x

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My SF97's took about a month back in July.

We'll see how it goes this time around.

Tom,

I didn't PM you yet, but can help if available. I'll pm you soon.

What did Crazyguypa find out? Running/not which lot #?

Regards,

Jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks