• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Key West

There is truck comming up for sale soon in key west. Pretty easy to find. Im wondering if its even legal to drive it on public roads. Its a 4x4 ARFF truck. Im thinking of trying to bid on it. But If I got it, if it doesnt run or cant be driven on public roads I dont know if I could afford to have it shipped the 400 miles to me. I wonder how cheap it will go for.

When I drove ARFF we would only take them off the airfield if we had an emergency. Im not sure the legalities of driving a Privately owned one on public roads.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are talking about the big Oshkosh firefighting rigs with the foam cannons, twin Detroit engines, huge tires, etc......I would think that they are road legal since many big city fire departments use them for HAZMAT response.
The issues are lenght, width, highth and weight (distributed on each axle).
If they meet those requirements and have a vaild title that can be transferred to your name you should be able to register and drive it.
That being said, a lot depends on the powers-that-be at your local Department of Motor Vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks