• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Warner Robins GA?

I have 2 generators on a m116a2 trailer that are going to need picked up and stored temporarily. I'm stilling waiting for my EUC to clear, but the truck I was going to use is now experiencing transmission problems and its only a matter of time before it goes kaboom.

A pickup with a pintle hook should be able to handle the job as the total weight is right around 1ton and the trailer has surge brakes.

Any help would be appreciated.

I may just rent a pickup truck for 24 hours. I need to call enterprise and see if they allow you to use there truck to tow and if they have a 2 inch receiver for the pintle hook on any of there trucks.

Well I bit the bullet and took my Dodge Dakota into to get a estimate to rebuild the tranny. I drop it off tomorrow and it will be ready Thursday. By Thursday I should have a truck once again capable of towing the gensets and be about 1,400 dollars poorer.

Now all I need is a class III/IV Hitch. I already have a pintle hook for a 2 inch receiver.

Is it just me or does it seem all kinds of expensive things happen at once.

On top of this I had to buy a new lawn mower because my old one just wasnt big enough for the job and was requiring constant maintainence and still didnt do a decent job for the acreage. And my car needs new tires, the cords are showing on one tire. And my wife is telling me if I dont buy a new mattress soon as are current one is worn out she is going to go buy one.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think it's an unwritten rule Firefighter....when something major happens I just brace myself for the next incoming round!!!
When it stops...just attack in one direction at a time until you are back on track.:-D

ryan77

For me it comes in 3's wifes mini van belt tensioner breaks, then the front wheel bearings, and wheel sensors. Then at work i walk into a pump room to look at a slight drip[thumbzup] on a 6" plastic water main and when i turn the corner the pipe explodes infront of me, the next week we had a no solder on a 1/2 copper pipe blow off, flooded 6 condo units and the next week some one rear ended me when getting gas in the work van. So after rambling on i am now set for a uneventful summer. My boss did tell me to see a priest and get blessed he thought i was possessed for a while...LOL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I bit the bullet and took my Dodge Dakota into to get a estimate to rebuild the tranny. I drop it off tomorrow and it will be ready Thursday. By Thursday I should have a truck once again capable of towing the gensets and be about 1,400 dollars poorer.

Now all I need is a class III/IV Hitch. I already have a pintle hook for a 2 inch receiver.

Is it just me or does it seem all kinds of expensive things happen at once.

On top of this I had to buy a new lawn mower because my old one just wasnt big enough for the job and was requiring constant maintainence and still didnt do a decent job for the acreage. And my car needs new tires, the cords are showing on one tire. And my wife is telling me if I dont buy a new mattress soon as are current one is worn out she is going to go buy one.
I don't know, sounds like a great time to buy a generator trailer, heck,maybe a deuce!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks