• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone running 16R20 on their 6x6 FMTV?

Recce01

I am looking for an option for increasing speed without doing gears. Do the 16R20's fit without rubbing each other in the rear? I tried searching for this, but can't seem to get the search terms defined well enough to get this info, even after reading 10 pages worth of search results. Thanks for any info!

Scott

M.Ellis

53’s will not fit, they will rub at the tandem axel not to mention the lift needed to run them. 46’s (395) would be the biggest you could go.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am looking for an option for increasing speed without doing gears. Do the 16R20's fit without rubbing each other in the rear? I tried searching for this, but can't seem to get the search terms defined well enough to get this info, even after reading 10 pages worth of search results. Thanks for any info!

Scott
Yes. They fit. There Is a thread on this. I'll find it

Third From Texas

Yep, they'll fit as per a few builds. It's close between the rears (closer than I would be happy with) but it's been done.

Kick up a twig or a rock between the two and it might get interesting as they do battle with it.

But I'm only speculating as to what might happen (never had a 5-ton).

Recce01

Yes. They fit. There Is a thread on this. I'll find it

Thanks man! Been a long time! I still appreciate you looking after me in Tennessee. Much Love Brother!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks