• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

APOC's singled and ready to plunder n pilidge!

Alredneck

Banned
Howdy All, just thought Id drop a line n a few pics of the progress with the Ole truck its been taking awhile ( she didn't go to the rally ) but there will be others) So now new shoes 395/85R20 XMLs on stock wheels they mounted up a lot better than i thought they would. I asked around a lot of tire places about mounting these things up and most wouldn't mess with them but a few referred me to one guy and that who i ended up using ( these tires are heavy) so i drove the deuce over and got a quote and the next thing ya know air wrenchs are spinning and tires are flying. Talking about old school these guys know split rims and had them broke down and back together again in no time no compressing tires just wham bham thank ya Dale!!! So everything mounted up smoothly drive home with 60lbs air is a bit bouncy so will play with pressures a bit. Did not flip hub in rear yet but may not i know may wear bearing more but whats the decide opinion on that yea, nay, don't drive loaded much. The front do need some attention because full lock right rubs on the steering arm but other than that I LIKE IT !!!!!!! SHE looks SWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!! What ya think Captain

Need to take her out in the back 40 for some real world test!

Attachments

CliffW

Captain,

That looks sweet you got me thinking. Let us know how she does at speed and stopping. I want to put singles on mine so bad. Glad I got to meet you at the rally.
cliff

Alredneck

Banned
RE: SMLS

Howdy all had her out last nite at the drag strip she gets a lot of attention i would of took her for a run in the eighth but i didnt feel like pulling all the tires out the bed ( anybody lookn for 900r20) she runs alright i still need to put a fuel pump in her she runnin on the IP right now but she runs real strong on the big hills i have to down shift to 4th and do 40-45mph but on the flat she wil do 60mph ( pace truck speedo is off) no probs. once i get the fuel pump fixed i will get a set of pyro gauges and then turn the pump up then she'll run like a bat out of hell. I got my tires from Recycled Materials they advertise on here in the classified they are in alma, GA. if you are down in south fl get with devilman (odiron ) cause he has them cheap. i got a good pic of Mr Dale show how to mount these things easy on stock wheels but i got to find my usb -usb cable to get it off my phone. thanks for the comments and keep coming it was also nice meeting all yall at the rally ( i have been behind on my posts) and hope to do it again sometime.

Alredneck

Banned

Oh yea while im sitting here sobering up ahhhh!! I would like to add driving this thing with the 900r20 was real smooth (think caddy) but hard to steer with the big tires it is a bit more bouncy but is way more easier to steer ( go figure) i am running 60lbs of pressure right now and thinking but lowering it play with it we'll see. keep in mind to these thing are not balanced as for stopping this rig no problems ( haven't locked them up yet ) driving on the highway dont expect to be in a rush and everybody will danm near pass you also with the floorside vents open all the rust and dust flys into your eyes and with the whistler turbo you cant hear anything ( not even the tires humming) but i wouldnt trade her for nuthin shes awesome needs a lil work here and there but hay i do to :mrgreen:

m.walker

Looks cool !!! I run 50 lbs in my 16x20's on the five ton , you might run even less . I bet you never thought how just changing tires could make such a drastic difference huh ? It has an atitude now !

CliffW

I did not think that you could put the 395/85R20 XMLs on stock rims. Freight Train was saying you need to flip the hubs and the rims or your will fry your bearings. A lot of twisting load on the bearings running that way. How does that fix it from frying the bearings? Like I said in the past it give the truck a whole new look. One I like.
:driver: [thumbzup]

vinny-socom1

Awesome!!! Looks great!!! I guess I'm going to throw my 14.00x20 XL's on mine now. What size tubes did you run? Thanks and it was great hangin out with ya at the Rally!!!

Vinny :shock:

Jakob

I REALLY like the look of the singles. Looks like the 5tons we used while I was in the Corps. I'm still reading up around here on the correct way to flip the hubs. When I get a M35, the first "mod" I want to do is the single setup.

Alredneck

Banned
OK fellas this just came in from Boyce Equipment i called up there and talked to them and they say that flipping the hubs doesnt matter. Running singles the way im running them ( and a couple of other of us ) is no problem as long as we keep up on are maintnance, seals, and grease.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks