• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

APPEL'S bobbed deuce

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Yes ,we did that today. Tommorow I am going to cut the 105 trailer frame and mount it on the truck.I forgot to mention that my son has been a big help ,we are doing this project together.

bigelk50

Sounds like a fun project to do together!! I loved working in the shop with my dad as a kid! What size tires are you going to run? How far did you move the rear axle, if at all?

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
!400x20 tires on Marsh racing wheels, same wheels Ranchhopper is running.I cant remember how far I moved the axle,I took the driveshaft to get lengthened today.I think it was about 12 ".

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I wont get to the 5 ton for about a month. I have the truck, just need the springs and hangers,I am hoping to buy a 5ton parts truck?.I have way to many projects going on.Thats my own fault.

PaFarmer

Looks good. Nice shop, tracked skidsteer and backhoe should come in handy. I used my kubota with loader for moving the 105 bed around, you definitely have a nice set up. Hope to see you at RC this fall.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I will probably keep them for my sons deuce, or for future use.I might sell the bed if anyone is interested in it.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Ranchhopper,All your trucks look good.I think I am going sell this one,and build another one to keep.That willhelp finance the one i keep.Money is getting thin,Because my excavating work is slow.

OLDCHEV4X4

Looking good John. I might have to make another visit.
Since work is slow, now is definatly the time to take care of all those projects. And then when work picks up in the summer (hopefully), you wouln't even have time to enjoy them.

Randy

Numbers

That is so cool. Those pictures show just the kind of progress I would like to make on day. Please continue to follow up with more pictures and information. We anxiously await.

Perhaps a do it yourself section for those considering bobbing with various lines of how to proceed...

mikew

I picked up my first M35a2 Saturday and it's a hoot!

I intend on bobbing it, using a M105 trailer bed like everyone else.

I am considering using the M105 spring hangers and springs with a spacer, it looks like that's what you did.

Am I correct about your springs?

Mike
Oklahoma

Sumoman

Are there any specific measurements to doing this? I have the truck coming and the trailer already, I just need the knowledge. .. and a garage as big as yours:-D

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I cut 35" off of the back of the frame.You can cut a little more than that,but that all depends how close you want the bed to the cab. My wheels are supposed to arrive tommorow.I cant wait to get the tires mounted , and on the truck.