• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

APU unit in Deuce

jw4x4

Used units are $2500-3k. You may be able to find a beat up one for less. They are tailored towards over-the-road trucks, to lower operating costs by running off the APU when parked, thus being able to shut off the truck's engine. There are ever increasing laws concerning trucks sitting at idle.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
so it's just a generator running an 120 vac a/c unit and a resistance heater and if you need, a block heater. whan do you need this in a deuce?? i have a 20k fuel burning heater behind the shortened glove box, a/c run off the engine. if you need 120 ac, how much do you need? too bad the old onan rv gensets are not usually diesel.

tom

bones1

"too bad the old onan rv gensets are not usually diesel." I look for the diesel Onans, Perkins all the time, best stuff you can buy. I have removed my spare tire carrier on the Deuce and would like to find a diesel generator, 5k or better, to fit in that spot. This would be good http://en.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M11455/s1.pl? Iknow folks have done this but I thought the APU's were interesting.
A bunch of used APUs here
http://www.nexttruckonline.com/part...nerators+|+APUs/Other/All-Models/results.html
These are water cooled so the heat is derived from the small engine temperature. I suppose the idea is to have a/c ,heat and 120v completely independent of the truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks