• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic Fuel Burning Heater Running on WMO?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know the heaters are rated at similar BTUs, but one of those fuel fired heaters should keep your CC plenty warm by itself. There is really no comparison imho.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, I have been in a couple trucks with working fuel fired heaters, they put out a lot of heat. In fact, I have one of the big 60kbtu ones, if you want to stay warm, I might sell it. I bet it would melt your face though.

TreadLite

FWIW - When I bought my Deuce, the previous owner said to not run anything but diesel through them. He had a diesel additive or something else mixed with the diesel and it didn't work. He pulled the lines and cleaned everything out. I don't have any first hand experience but I'm going to take his word for it. And yea, it gets hot back there...on low.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are picky, see calibration charts, but consume little. I use a separate fuel tank (Jerry can) to make sure they get nothing but clean diesel or kerosene....also separate batteries so that the start battery won't run down, since one of the outstanding features of the heater is to be able to run it without the engine.

eagle4g63

Say you were out plowing or playing in the snow and ran one on low, about how much fuel would you burn in one of those in the day(say maybe 4-5hours) couldn't see me being in the truck longer than that in a day?

I have been thinking about a heater for my deuce(it doesn't have heat) and am considering one of these but would need to use a secondary fuel can for it as I run a mix in the primary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks