• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are 2.5T and 5T wheel studs the same?

Steamynachos

I looked in the 5T parts manual and it gave me a number for the front left stud as 7409554 when I looked up this number on Google it keeps coming back as a left stud for 2.5T can I use this stud on my 5T? OD Iron seems to have them in stock.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yes, the studs, thimbles, and the nuts are the same on a 5t and a deuce for the left and right sides

jatonka

You can buy them at your local spring shop, truck parts place, They are not expensive. They are standard Budd Studs, thimbles and nuts. Left on left side, right on right side.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Update - they are not the same. The 5ton (M813A1) shoulder is longer. It will protrude when used on a deuce. I do not know if there is clearance behind the wheel nut.

L-2-1/2 ton
C- 5 ton
R- Euclid # E-5987-L (or -R) $3.20 each

Attachments

blackrock

Update - they are not the same. The 5ton (M813A1) shoulder is longer. It will protrude when used on a deuce. I do not know if there is clearance behind the wheel nut.

L-2-1/2 ton
C- 5 ton
R- Euclid # E-5987-L (or -R) $3.20 each

will that one on the right work on the 5 tons with the hemmit rims?

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Not any area I know anything about. The Euclid shown is 3/8" longer than the deuce, about half of that is threads, half the shank.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not any area I know anything about. The Euclid shown is 3/8" longer than the deuce, about half of that is threads, half the shank.
The deuce and 5t P/N are the same, the EUCLID may be the civi cross over, I have found that nuts/bolts, ect. when crossed over to civi parts are a bit different at times. like same length, but diferent thread/shank length

Just curious if other civi makers are the same as euclid

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Then the deuce studs in my Rockwell factory re-furb air locking diff rear-end must have been replaced w/shorter ones (same length as the 2-1/2 ton shown)