• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

are the right ones for the brush guard?

84cucv1ton

my cousin bought these for his m1009.. got them from hardware store. They are for the bumper and brush guard. I would think that a grade 5 or maybe a grade 8 would be use on a bumper. All these say is BDB.. He is only 15. This is his first truck. trying to help him along a bit thanks

Attachments

txmytx_catahoula

Wish I could help more, but I haven't a clue what they should be. I do know that I've pulled the heads off carriage bolts from the hardware store, while working on wood projects. The bolts on my front bumper/ brush guard were rusted and took way more work to get them off than they should have, so I replaced them with grade 8 hex bolt. Just in case there is ever a " next time". Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck!

kapnklug

I agree with TXMYTX, those OEM carriage bolts suck. I didn't even try to unbolt them, just cut the heads off with a grinder. Replacements will be grade 8 hex bolts with nylok nuts, that won't ever strip out in the bumper.