• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

are there any pintle hitch trailers that can hold 15.5 tons

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't think of any military trailers like that.

flyxpl

What does the bulldozer weight ?

Oops I just saw the 15.5 ton req. at the end of the thread tittle

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I agree , get a tag along equipment trailer and paint it to macth MV's , stencil it, and you would be fine. Just make sure the MV your using can hold a 15.5 ton Dozer and the weight of the trailer. Im looking to buy a 53' IH SeaBee dozer I found for my trailer. - Jay

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ft. Campbell had some long pintle ammo trailers awhile back. I don't know what the cap was but from looking at it, it would more than haul 15.5 tons. I can't remember the "M" number.

That kind of weight is a whole lot for a pintle hitch trailer. I know you see civilain trucks do it all the time but IMO that kind of weight is better suited on a 5th wheel trailer.

flyxpl

A gooseneck trailer would put the tongue weight over the axles better , but if your truck can take the weight a pintle eye will take it . I put a pintle eye on my trailer that is rated at 15000 vertical load , 60000 load . I put one on this trailer . It will be army green this spring . This is a 20000 pound trailer , with an extra axle it would do what you want .

Attachments

L999here

...on ebay..

Check the trailers on ebay. I've been looking for a 10-12 ton trailer myself for my half track (20K lbs.). Got the 25-ton M172A1....but have to get 'wide-load' permits to use it every time. Great for the FV432 APC...but over-kill for the half track. So a pintle-type 10-12 ton would be a better choice. The military used civilian trailers as a local purchase item...Wisconsin Trailer Co. was one of the mgf's....and they come up for sale thru GL often. I'm still looking...LOL....

Alredneck

Banned
Pulling 15tons off the back bumper is a whole other animal than off a 5th wheel. Hope stuff is setup correctly. I would agree it would easier to find a civy equipment trailer than a .mil one for what your doing and the weight. Heck civilian you can have hyd/tilt options which cost money but way cool and make self loading different equipment a lot easier. I do recommend a good winch on all trailers that see regular heavy duty use!

flyxpl

That's a civilian "tag-a-long" trailer. They sell for $6000 brand new all day long up here.
I would guess much more than $6000 with the tandem axle tandem tire setup 10,000 pounds each axle . I do not think you could get one for less than $ 8-9000 new . It cost $1000 just to put new tires on it .This trailer was a 20,000 GVWR gooseneck that I turned into a tag trailer . 1995 Donahue trailer

Attachments

flyxpl

Pretty good deal but awfull short at 20 ft . Also narrow at 8 ft also . At 102 wide my deuce fits edge to edge . You think you could find me a 30 ft a little bit closer . By the time I get that back from CA I will have about 10,000 in it